The Tree Care Industry Association Foundation (TCIAF) is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes as defined in Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and in the Foundation’s articles of incorporation.
The purposes of the Foundation are to advance education and professional development in the green industry, improve safety and reduce accident rates in the tree care industry and to disseminate information key to practitioners and consumers about proper tree care.
Programs of the organization fit broadly within the following areas:
- Financial support, which includes funding for the Robert Felix Memorial Scholarship Fund and expense reimbursement to schools attending Student Career Days
- Enterprise and workforce development, jobs creation and expanding career pathways in the field of commercial/urban arboriculture
- Student Career Days, an event designed to enhance the skill set and safe work practices of arboricultural students enrolled in collegiate and vocational programs
- Training content, for employees and employers, which promotes a strong and sustainable Safety Culture within the company and employee team
- Skill set training to enhance professionalism, skill performance and safe work practices of arborists
- Education and program content that contributes to sustainable communities by promoting the environmental and economic value of maintaining healthy trees
TCIAF is a non-membership organization which welcomes individual and corporate donations, actively seeks partnerships and provides corporate sponsorship opportunities.
TCIAF relies on a Board of Trustees for the Foundation’s long-term vision and strategic direction. The four-person Board is comprised of owners and managers from tree service companies across the U.S. and the President & CEO of the Tree Care Industry Association.
||Kevin Caldwell, Vice Chair
Caldwell Tree Care
280 E Crossville Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
Fax: (770) 518-9527
|| Benjamin G. Tresselt, III, Chair
PO Box 11177 Olde Homestead Lane
William P. Maley, Treasurer
Cedar Lawn Tree Service, Inc.
32 Nickerson Rd Ashland,
Mark Garvin, Secretary
Tree Care Industry Association
136 Harvey Road, Suite 101
Londonderry, NH 03053
Fax: (603) 314-5386
TCIAF is pleased to recognize our sponsors and partners that have joined with us in collaborative relationships and embraced a commitment of ethics, responsibility and service in our shared communities.
2012 Student Career Day partners
2012 Robert Felix Memorial Golf Tournament sponsors
Tree Care Industry Association
TCIAF frequently partners with the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), a not-for-profit trade association founded in 1938, whose mission is to advance tree care companies. TCIA provides administrative and financial assistance toward the activities of TCIAF, allowing more of your donation to directly support programs.
TCIA has extensive experience with the development and delivery of employee-oriented, correspondence-based training courses; employer-oriented, guided materials and employee/employer-oriented workshops. TCIA creates safety and education programs, establishes standards of tree care practice, and provides management information for arboriculture firms around the world. TCIA also has the nation’s only Accreditation program that helps consumers find tree care companies that have been inspected and accredited based on: adherence to industry standards for quality and safety; maintenance of trained, professional staff; and dedication to ethics and quality in business practices.
TCIA provides continuing education, training, conferences and publications to promote the safe and appropriate practice of tree care, including Tree Care Industry magazine, the most circulated and read publication in the industry, and TCI EXPO, the world's largest tree care trade show.
A 75-year-old public and professional resource on trees and arboriculture, TCIA’s membership is comprised of the leading providers of commercial, residential and utility arboriculture services, as well as their suppliers.